A warm welcome to PYC!
We have opened this studio, because we believe that yoga is one of the best things you can ever do. And we would like to share this with you.
Yoga is for everyone. Whether you are looking to relieve stress, make new friends, learn how to stand on your head, reconnect your mind and body, or take your workout to the next level, Power Yoga Copenhagen has something for you.
It's Not Just A Yoga Class - It's An Experience
We teach a unique style of Vinyasa at our studio called Free Flow, which has its cornerstones in Ashtanga Vinyasa. This style was designed in Detroit, USA, by Jonny Kest at the Center For Yoga, and we are the only studio in Denmark teaching it.
So, what is free flow? Well, Vinyasa means connecting breath to movement. At PYC we guide you through the Sun Salutation flow sequences a few times, and then give you the length of a song or two to 'flow on your own'. It's a specifically-designed format that allows you to truly connect to YOUR own breath, and move through the poses in YOUR own tempo. We all breathe differently and are at different levels in our yoga practice. Therefore this gives you the opportunity to explore exactly who YOU are. Plus, we do yoga to awesome music.
This is not your average yoga studio. And this is not just a yoga class - it's an experience.
Getting started: Showing up to yoga is probably the hardest part about yoga! So just come! Don't worry, you don't have to be 'good' at yoga, or flexible or fit. Everyone is different, and we invite you to come exactly as you are. Even if you're a complete beginner. You are safe with us. Within a small amount of time you'll be amazed to see how much your body and mind transform.
Come down and see for yourself. All you need is an open mind and a willingness to explore new things.
Please read the following guidelines on how to be mindful at the studio
- Take off your shoes before entering the studio and leave them outside.
- Roll your mat out silently.
- We have mats to borrow for free, if you don’t have your own. If you intend to borrow one of our mats, you must bring a large towel to cover the mat, as you will sweat a lot.
- Your yoga studio is a place of zen, where you can leave behind your busy, daily life. That goes for your phone too.
- We open the door 15 minutes before class starts.
- We lock the door when class starts, so don’t be late! We do not open it for latecomers, as this disturbs the rest of the class.
- Leave your bags and all personal belongings in the changing room.
- Avoid eating big meals in the two to three hours leading up to class.
- Do not chatter or talk to other students during class. Now is the time to focus on yourself.
- No mobile phones in class. Keep them in your bag on silent – not on vibrate. We lock the front door during class, so you can practice knowing your stuff is safe.
- No food or drink other than water in the yoga studio.
- Avoid drinking water during class, as it will break your focus. Make sure you drink enough water during the day and the night before, so your body is fully replenished.
- If, however, you need to drink water, make sure your water bottle is full, so you don’t have to leave your mat to refill it during a session.
- Don’t leave the room during class, unless you absolutely need to. It disturbs not just your own meditation, but that of your teacher and fellow yogis too. Most classes are only 60 minutes, so do everything you need to do before class starts.
- Spray and wipe your mat and the floor around you after class.
- Hang your mat properly.
- Return blocks, mats, blankets, straps to their original place, and leave them in a mindful way.
- You can store your own mat in the back room – free of charge. But you must roll it up and store it nicely. Any mats that are consistently left hanging to dry, will be removed.
- Leave a name tag on your mat.
- Leaving your mat with us is at your own risk. We do not take any responsibility for lost mats.
Finally: Don’t pressure yourself to be a master yogi – everything will come at the right time. Take as many breaks as you need – Child’s Pose (Balasana) is always there for you.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Power Yoga CPH